Wednesday 1 April 2020

Another Year Taller

A6 slider card made using For the love of stamps "Another Year Taller" stamp set, "Blue Lagoon", "Arctic Mist" and "Rainforest Green" prism ink pads, For the love of masks "Plane Cute" stencil, nesting rectangle moonstone dies and coloured with Spectrum Noir Tri-Blends. 


I started by running the "Blue Lagoon" ink pad thickly around the edge of the card blank to make a blue border. I then die cut a piece of smooth white card using the second largest nesting rectangle moonstone die, blended the sky using "Blue Lagoon", "Arctic Mist" and the "Plane Cute" stencil and blended the grass using "Rainforest Green", the bush stamp from FTLS "Cheeky Monkey" stamp set and added a couple of flicks of green marker. I stamped the "Another Year Taller" sentiment in Black.
I stamped, coloured and fussy cut the Giraffes body on its own, neck x2 and head together. I stuck the body of the giraffe to the background, cut a slit at the neck part for the long neck to fit into and I then slid the long neck into the slit. On the back, I glued a small piece of cardboard to stop the neck sliding out of the slit and added a pull tab made from acetate to the head. To finish I stuck the background to the base card with 2mm foam pads.


Challenges:

1 comment:

  1. So cute. The sentiment is perfect for the cute giraffe. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete